Why Hire a Tiger?
- With more than 33,000 students, Mizzou is the Show-Me State’s flagship institution, offering more than 300 degree and certificates in 18 schools and colleges to help students reach their career and personal goals. MU is in an elite group of only six public universities in the country with law, medicine, veterinary medicine on the same campus.
- The fall 2016 semester began with the third-highest retention rate in the university’s history and the highest ACT scores of any incoming freshman class. Twenty-nine percent of the freshman class rank in the top 10 percent of their graduating high school classes.
- Since November 2015, MU researchers received commitments of more than $37 million in grants from the federal government to be used for research that benefits mankind and improves lives. MU researchers received commitments of almost $19 million in non-federal grant dollars.
- Based on quality of teaching, research and scholarship, MU is one of only 34 public U.S. universities — and one of only two institutions in Missouri — invited to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU).
- MU is one of only six public institutions nationwide that can claim a medical school, veterinary medicine college and a law school on the same campus. Faculty and students also have immediate access to agriculture and engineering colleges along with the country’s most powerful university nuclear research reactor.
- Known for collaborative, interdisciplinary research, MU has incomparable expertise and resources on a global scale in four areas: Food for the Future, One Health/One Medicine, Media of the Future and Sustainable Energy. We call this the Mizzou Advantage.
- MU educates the workforce, including a large number of STEM graduates. More than 40 percent of the record 8,668 degrees awarded last year were in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health fields.
- In 2015-16, a record 58 percent of MU’s student-athletes earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The overall grade point average for student athletes was 3.03, the highest in the last ten years.
- Hundreds of alumni and friends are supporting the historic $1.3 billion Mizzou: Our Time to Lead campaign to endow resources for MU’s future, support signature research centers and institutes, and fuel a campus renaissance. Because of their ongoing support, we have surpassed our campaign goals, breaking records by raising $170 million in one year.