To recruit students for on-campus employment opportunities, faculty and staff members must have a department and contact profile on the Handshake, a new recruiting platform. The MU Career Center has created accounts for all departments using the following naming convention: MU Department/Division Name. We recommend this format so that students can easily search and find positions on the Mizzou campus.
- Start at https://missouri.joinhandshake.com/register and click the Employer button.
- Follow the online steps to create your MU Department staff account
- Be sure to use your “missouri.edu” or “health.missouri.edu” email account
- Be sure to only select ” University of Missouri-Columbia” as your target school
- When asked to connect to an employer, search for your “MU [department/division name]”. You may also review this full List of MU Departments in Handshake. Don’t see your department listed? Contact Amanda Nell at 573.882.0878 or email@example.com for assistance.
- For instructions on how to register and connect with an MU department, please reference our Campus Employer Handshake Guide.
Please be aware that a primary contact in your department or division must first approve you as a contact before you can access features of the site. If there is any delay, please contact the MU Career Center
From now on you may directly login to Handshake for your recruiting activity. We encourage employers to bookmark this page but you may also continue to access the Handshake login from HireMizzouTigers.com.
Below are some resources on how to use the Handshake system.