The University of Missouri is a coordinated system of career offices and staff that supports students and employers and are housed in different academic divisions and departments on campus. Staff members come together to form the MU Career Services Council, where we share best practices, engage in professional development, and consult on matters pertaining to career services.
The MU Career Services Council is an innovative, collaborative, and campus-wide organization of professionals whose purpose is the career development of our students through:
- The adoption of best practices
- Opportunities for professional development
- Consultation on policy matters
- Engagement in advocacy
All MU Students graduate career-ready, empowered to pursue their goals.
Members of the MU Career Services Council are guided by the following principles in pursuit of our mission and vision:
- Collaboration: Working together in sharing information and opportunities, building relationships, and shaping a more career-ready Mizzou.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Promoting career services and education that are accessible to all disciplines and meet the needs of students with a variety of social identities.
- Integrity & Ethics: Embracing a campus-wide culture of following professional standards, using ethical practices, and encouraging honesty and trustworthiness.
- Learning: Advocating for a lifelong pursuit of professional growth and competence.